Tournament of Champions
The TOC is the state written championship for middle school students. Grades 6-8
Who: Students in 6-8 grade who have qualified to attend
Where: Redlands Community College in El Reno
When: March 27 & 28, 2020
Cost: $6.00 per student per test
How to Qualify for the TOC
Click the Adobe icon to download the 2020 TOC booklet
1. Be in sixth, seventh or eighth grade.
2. Place first, second or third on a curricular or scholastic test (see TOCQ) in language arts, humanities & fine arts, math, science, current events, reading or social studies (2017-2018 school year). If the qualifying tournament is still giving tests in English and reading - both the English 1-3 and reading 1-3 will qualify for the language arts test. If the qualifying event only offers grade level mathematics, students enrolled in Algebra I, Geometry or higher level math will take the Algebra I, Geometry or higher level math test instead of the grade level math test at the TOC.
3. The competition where the placing occurred should have including ten or more participating schools. There are some exceptions to this stipulation. If you have questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Students placing first, second or third as individuals in MATHCOUNTS Regional and the top five individuals from the State MATHCOUNTS competition qualify to take the math test.
5. Students qualifying for the state Geography Bee qualify to take the social studies test.
6. Students placing 1-3 at the state level OSSM mathematics competition qualify to take the mathematics test.
1st, 2nd and 3rd place trophies are awarded for each grade and subject test. Top 10 medals for all students placing 4-10.
1st, 2nd and 3rd place Scholar Trophies for each grade level.
Friday and/or Saturday Testing
We offer testing on Friday and/or Saturday. Students with conflicts on Saturday, may choose to come on Friday to take their tests. Vice Verse.
Friday night schedule will mirror the Saturday schedule.
3:00 - 3:50 - Language Arts (9:00 Saturday test)*
4:00 - 4:50 - Social Studies (10:00 Saturday test)*
5:00 - 5:50 - Science (11:00 Saturday test)*
6:00 - 6:50 - Current Events (12:00 Saturday test)*
7:00 - 7:50 - Humanities & Fine Arts (1:00 Saturday test)*
8:00 - 8:50 - Mathematics (2:00 Saturday test)*
* On Friday night ONLY Once the scheduled test has been distributed, all tests offered in that room will be available.
PreAlgebra, Algebra I, Geometry and all other upper math tests are available from 4:00 - 8:00 on Friday and from 9:00 - 2:00 on Saturday.
On Saturday once the scheduled test has been distributed, any test offered at a later time will be available. Once the scheduled time has passed, the test is no longer available.
On Saturday Only
Awards distributed at the end of each testing hour.
3:15 - Scholar Results Announced
*Current Events items will come from the time span of May 2019 through March 20, 2020.
** 40% of the Humanities & Fine Arts test will be over the Focus Period.
Students qualifying for the Tournament of Champions in at least 4 different subject areas may take the scholar test.
The scholar test is a separate test covering all 6 subject areas.
Students will test in the subjects for which they qualified AND enroll in the scholar test.
The test will be given utilizing the ALCA Arch Platform in a computer lab.
The test will have 200 questions. 34 questions each from math, science, social studies and language arts. 32 questions each from current events and humanities & fine arts. The same math questions will be given to each scholar candidate regardless of the level of math in which they are enrolled. All questions will be challenging and geared for advanced understanding of the subject at each grade level.
Students will be given 90 minutes to take the test. It is possible that the student will complete the test in less time. 90 minutes (timed by question display on the monitor) is the maximum amount of time a student may take for the test.
There are 24 stations in the computer lab.
Time slots to take the scholar test must be reserved in advance. A TOC Scholar trophy will be given for each grade level, 6, 7 & 8. The TOC Scholar will be the student with the highest point total from the scholar test.
TOC T-shirt Order Form
Order deadline for day of tournament pick-up is March 18
Orders received AFTER March 18 will be placed on the post-tournament order list and will require shipping added to the total.
If you would rather have a hard copy to print and fill in by hand click here.